The Story of the Living Library
For their residency at Elsewhere, the intrepid narrative scientists of the Hollow Earth Society are creating new stories (and poems and images) by blending elements of all 3,500 titles in Elsewhere's Living Library. If you like a story here, please share it!
Get involved! We're looking for more stories based on the books. Email gallery [at symbol] hollowearthsociety.com for more information.
Help us tell us more stories of/about/with the Living Library!
TITLES FOR POTENTIAL STORYTELLING
Some of the books used in the NARRATRON 9000, 5/4/2012, in no order:
- Daddy, Danielle Steel
- Guy Mannering, the Astrologer, Sir Walter Scott
- Passing Strange, Richard Sale
- Three Faces of Love, Faith Baldwin
- The Unity of Prose, Stanley Stewart
- The Boys' Second Book of Radio and Electronics
- Women Who Date Too Much (And Those Who Should Be So Lucky), Linda Sunshine
- Gone With the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
- Moby Dick, Herman Melville
- Romantic Poetry of the Early Nineteenth Century, Arthur Beatty, Ed.
- Interview With the Vampire, Anne Rice
- Mommie Dearest, Christina Crawford
- The Last Temptation, Joseph Viertel
- The Book of Popular Science 1, The Grolier Society Inc.
- Paradise Lost, John Milton
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- The House of Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Land That Time Forgot, Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Apple That Jack Ate, William R. Scott AND This is the Bread That Betsy Ate, Irma Simonton Black
- Victorian and Late English Poets, Stephens, Beck, and Snow, Ed.s
- Too Strong For Fantasy, Marcia Davenport
Elsewhen is a project of
Thanks to Elsewhere, home of Elsewhen and the Living Library
Check out The Living Library Catalogue on LibraryThing